We met with some people from Perth Web Design and their ideas were very interesting. I am posting some of the things that I have learned from the meeting. The
Website designing and what it entails Designing a website can be very tedious. There are a lot of things to consider. You need to know your client’s preferences. You also
Web development is one of the most trending jobs these days – what with the advancement of the Internet and the ever changing need of a website to suit their
A great website design makes life easier for both the website owner and the customers of the website. On the other hand, a badly designed website only creates frustrations and
When businesses started to realize the power of mobile marketing for brand awareness, they had two sites designed, one for the traditional desktop computers and the other for mobile. While
We met with some people from Perth Web Design and their ideas were very interesting. I am posting some of the things that I have learned from the meeting. The way those guys design websites revolves around the company and the people they are trying to attract.
Why it makes sense to make your website mobile friendly
You have two options if you want mobile versions of your website – dedicated web design or responsive web design. However, users are not interested how the mobile version of the website was built; they want to seek information the fastest way possible. Responsive web design will make your site mobile friendly but it is not the solution for all problems. The goal of web experience is to provide fast results because most users are only willing to wait for a few seconds for a page to load. It is important for the web designer to test on real devices to check what happens when resources are loaded. Optimization tools are available and they can measure and enhance performance. Each document must be delivered to all devices using the same URL and the same content but not necessarily using the same structure. If there is already a website designed for desktop computers, adding a dedicated mobile version will be an affordable option but you have two sites to manage.
The role of typography in responsive web design
It is not only customized images and navigation that matter in responsive web design. Web designers need to pay attention to typography because users will not strain their eyes trying to read information. Smartphones have smaller screens than tablet computers but text should be easy to read. The user must enjoy the same desktop experience when accessing the site through a mobile device. The general rule of thumb when making text for the mobile version of a site is proper size so that it can be read without any struggle. On the other hand, the user can zoom to see larger text but it is not the idea behind responsive web design. Users must be able to read text easily without any manipulation on their smartphones.
Website designing and what it entails
Designing a website can be very tedious. There are a lot of things to consider. You need to know your client’s preferences. You also have to consider how the target browsers would react. What would intrigue the readers to go through the website? How could you make it more appealing? You need to do a lot of research not just technically but also regarding the product or services that the website will promote. You have to be keen to details and have a clear concept and understanding of what you will be doing. Since you are catering to visual people, your website should be visually appealing. Conceptualize the right colors, shades and font to use.
Customizing your website
If you are a business man engaged in services in storm drain cleaning or parking lot drain cleaning, you must ensure that your website is designed in such a way that your consumers will find it easy to navigate through your website and get the essential information easily. You will create several navigating buttons for the website. You can place the Home button, About Us, Services Offered and more. Design it in such a way that you will capture immediately the need of the audience. Cite the things that your company can do to help your customers. Do not over elaborate or give unnecessary information about the company. You can make use of actual pictures of site repair or cleaning for your services to appear more authentic. You can also add positive testimonials from customers of how they were satisfied with your cleaning. According to surveys, most people will patronize a product if they heard or read actual testimonies from it. This would be a plus in your website. Do not also forget to give your contact information. This is very important; you will lose a customer if you do not have this.
Designing a website is very challenging and demanding. There are tons of hurdles, a lot of things to consider. However, if you have accomplished that design and has the website running, it is also very rewarding.
Web development is one of the most trending jobs these days – what with the advancement of the Internet and the ever changing need of a website to suit their customers’ needs. It is a demanding profession and a web developer will not be able to do everything on his own. At some point in the developing process, he might need a couple of tools to help out along the way. Tools lighten the workload and speeds up the process of developing a great website.
The Internet is the best source of all the tools needed in web developing. These tools could help web developers to focus on designing and coding and leave the little details to these tools. The following are some of the tools that could help a developer in many areas of his work – project management, instant messaging, screen sharing and so much more.
- Skype. This tool is highly recommended for web developers. It can be used in any platform – Windows, Mac and Linux – and is great for someone working with a team. Skype provides instant communication to team members. It features file sharing and video conference as well. A developer can share his screenshots and get responses in seconds.
- Dropbox. A developer need not worry about sharing and storing files. Installing a Dropbox under one account ensures all of the devices have the same files inside the Dropbox app. Anyone can instantly share a file just by sharing its Dropbox link.
- Toggl. Developers work important hours and tracking their progress is important so they can be paid by exactly the hours they have spent working. Toggl is the perfect tool to track hours and make sure anyone can maximize their income. The tool is internet based and anyone can set it up in just a minute. Users can even install a widget on their desktop or an app on their iPhone.
- Google Analytics. This is an important tool for tracking the website’s traffic and making sure the marketing strategy is working. Google Analytics is powerful yet very easy to use. It can assist anyone in making well-targeted ads and a website with higher conversion rate.
- Support Details. If a developer wants to see the system specification’s every detail then this tool is the perfect choice.
- W3C Validator. Any web documents’ mark-up validity can be checked by using this validator. Even specific contents like RSS feeds and CSS stylesheets.
A great website design makes life easier for both the website owner and the customers of the website. On the other hand, a badly designed website only creates frustrations and stress on the customers while losing precious time and resources and for the owner. A bad design has low conversion rate and the return of investment is not worth it.
Designers should remember that an e-commerce website is not just a place where owners can display their product. It is also a venue where customers can experience sales, a great customer service and marketing, as well as a place where they can view the products they plan to buy. If the website’s design is not very high on the owner’s priority list then next year, 2015, should be the year to change that perspective.
The New Year is just around the corner and it is time to say goodbye to 2014 and face 2015 with the knowledge of what will be next year’s trend in website design. The following list is the predicted design trends of 2015 – a sure way to make anyone’s website compete with other top ranking e-commerce websites – the goal is to make the customers engage and entice them to come back again and again.
- Flat Design. The flat design has been making a quiet comeback and it is official, flat design will be the top trend of 2015, as it is now being utilized by Google, Apple and Microsoft. Flat design is the perfect fit for e-commerce sites – it is simple, clean and easy to use and develop. The simplicity of the design makes the contents and the products the focus. 2015 will be the year website’s adapt the less is more motto where the products are the main focus of the design and not the background elements.
- Micro Transitions. Micro transitions are the next best thing for website next year. Though adapting a simpler approach, small details and animations will surprise customers thereby making shopping a little more enjoyable. Small animations and micro transitions will entertain them and also give a little boost and increase in traffic.
- Page Adaptation. Online shopping can now be accomplished using various devices. 2015 is the year where designers need to think more about a website that will adapt to whatever devices used. A website that properly responds to any devices ensures customer satisfaction thereby making them want to come back.
When businesses started to realize the power of mobile marketing for brand awareness, they had two sites designed, one for the traditional desktop computers and the other for mobile. While this method still exists, there are more efficient and affordable methods of website design through responsive design that makes a website mobile friendly. On the other hand, there are other configurations for building mobile sets like dynamic serving and separate URL’s.
What is responsive web design?
With responsive web design, a website functions and looks the same no matter what platform is used whether it is a mobile phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. In its simplest form, responsive web design can shrink or expand the size based on how large or small the screen is without losing content. Content can fill any allotted space and retain its appearance to provide optimal user experience. No scrolling or resizing is necessary for any visitor who wants to access a site.
What is dynamic serving?
Dynamic serving is similar to responsive design because it also makes use of one URL which means that the web designer does not use separate URLs for mobile and changes can be accommodated on any device preferred. The main difference is the HTML code that changes depending on the device used. In many cases, this creates a better experience for the user.
Which is better between responsive design and dynamic serving?
Both methods are similar on how they operate between devices but the difference is on HTML change and cost. Responsive design is much simpler and changes in codes are made by adding a mobile style sheet that will tell the site how to react on different screen sizes. Dynamic serving costs more to design and usually results in problems when mobile search is not done the right way, however, it provides better sale and SEO results. Many businesses decide to go with responsive design because of the relatively lower cost but it should not deter them from dynamic serving for a more catered user experience. What is more important for business is to ensure that their sites are optimized for mobile because it is now the platform where more online sales are achieved.
Optimization is important because it helps your website achieve a higher position in the search engine results page rankings. SEO can help your website achieve its purpose. Here are some SEO tips that can help your website get started.
- Focus on a single central topic. This is important to avoid getting your potential clients confused. Just focus on a topic that can deliver your purpose very well and choose a set of keywords that are central to it.
- Place the keywords at the proper places. Placing the right keywords at the right place is essential for your website to make it recognizable to the viewers in the SERPs. This will help people in finding your website much easier.
- Attach keywords to your image. You should also place the keywords in the description of the images that are posted on your website. The keywords should fit your topic and your purpose.
- Do not place anything that can slow down your website. Having a slow website can cause potential clients and viewers to leave your page because they get too impatient to wait for it to load. You should remove anything that slows your website. Avoid adding media that are too big.
- Keep your website clean. A clutter-free website is a website favored by all. If there is one thing that attracts and convinces people, it is definitely cleanliness. People are more convinced by a clean website. Do not put too much detail. Simplicity is beauty.
- Allow the linking of your website with other relevant websites. This can help in marketing your website.
- Regularly update your website. You can help your website climb the rankings when you regularly put some updates on it. Most of the most visited sites are those that update regularly and frequently.
- Write convincingly. Make your content convincing and believable. Put some feelings into it. People do not appreciate it if your content is dull and machine-like.
These are only some tips that can help you with your website. Fortunately, there are those companies such as Exact Latitude who offer great advice and expertise with SEO. Take time to consult a company for best results.
The product is ready along with the packaging materials. The PayPal account was set and ready to receive payments. Where are the customers? You may find that building your very own e-commerce site is easy. Marketing it successfully is a whole different level. Right marketing strategies are necessary to drive traffic, lots of them, to your website and turn them from visitors to paying customers.
Marketing your own e-commerce website can be a bit of a challenge but with the right attitude and the perfect strategies, you can jump start your business into making its own name in the market.
Search Engine Optimization
Every e-commerce website owners knows this technique. In order for your website to rank high on Google’s search engine results, you need to optimize your site. Insert keywords on the website’s content and tag the videos properly. Make sure that the webpage loads as fast as possible for faster customer browsing experience.
Campaign Via E-mail
E-mails are the best way to keep customers on the loop. Send them word about the websites latest promos and when products are on sale. It is the best way to maintain great consumer relationship.
Blog About Your Business
An e-commerce site works better with a blog. It can help significantly when marketing your e-commerce business. Blogs are a great medium to showcase more information regarding your products. Updating your blog is one of the ways you can stay in touch with your customers. Blogs can also be optimized for higher visibility on Google’s search results.
Find Suitable Partners
Partnering with another online e-commerce site whose product complements your product is one of the best ways you can market your business online. You can promote each other’s products on your respective website and provide ease of shopping to the customers as well. For example, if your business is all about mobile phone and tablet cases and accessories, find an e-commerce site which sells purely electronic products and gadgets. That way, customers buying from them need not look further in buying the needed accessories.
Content marketing is the hottest trend in e-commerce marketing. It is all about sharing your product information with customers, be it a blog, pages on a website, dedicated channels on social media, videos and articles relating to your products.
In building your very own website, it is important to have knowledge on the kind of design you want your website to have. Creating a concrete blueprint plan is naturally the first step to take. But in order to be able to create a pleasantly-looking and fully functional website, here are five easy steps to follow in doing just that.
1. Make Your Design on Paper
A rather unusual way to start designing a website but to go straight away into Photoshop proves to be an even greater problem in itself. Designing a website is about creating solutions for a problem and one exactly cannot create a solution while their eyes are already glued to the computer screen. Create a basic draft on how you want your design to look like literally in paper before jumping straight into shadows and gradients.
2. Begin Drafting the Top Level Framework
For those who don’t know what a top level framework is, it is the user interface that encloses the contents. It lends a hand in being able to do several actions and find your way through it. This way, you will get a better understanding of what your website will look like beyond its homepage.
3. Put in a Grid in your PSD
This is important, especially if you will be using Photoshop to create your website. The grid will facilitate you in arranging the layout in any way you want it to appear. It will also direct you to the detailed necessities for the screen’s size and help you out in making templates that are receptive amongst other issues you may encounter along the way.
4. Select Your Desired Typography
The type of typography you want your website to have is up to you. But there is one thing that you always need to remember: less is more. It is recommended to not use more than two types of fonts. However, for as long as the fonts you have chosen are readable, especially if your website will have long texts in them, your website will be fine.
5. Choose Your Website’s Primary Color
When it comes to designing a website, color is everything. Similar to choosing your website’s typography: the less color you use, the more appealing your website will look.
Web designing is a complicated task for most people. If you are not a resident of the online world, you will more likely have no idea what web designing entails. But for people who manage their own websites or for those who are starting to learn the basics, one important focus that you need to consider today is customizing and utilizing the mobile options.
Why Focus on Mobile-based Web Designing?
In the past, web designing is solely focus on websites and how they look when they are seen in laptops and computers. But with the increasing use of mobile phones and tablets, it is becoming more and more necessary for web designers to focus on mobile-ready or tablet-ready versions of their designs.
One of the most apparent problems that web developers have today is that they forget the probability that some people may be viewing their sites through their mobile phones. And since most designs, unless tweaked to be compatible in mobile view, look messy and unorganized, most visitors do not want to stay that much on the site or even visit it again because of how they look and the lack of convenience.
What is the Responsive Mobile Web Design?
A lot of marketing strategies have be generated throughout the years but the most important web design improvement which made websites more mobile-friendly is the responsive design. The responsive design refers to configuring your website to only have one URL or address and the design being able to adjust to whatever device is used. If viewed on a desktop, the website appears wide and full, if on a smartphone, the website appears compact, yet very user-friendly and all of the same content are still there.
A website with a single URL or address and will have better and more convenient online interaction options when considering linking content and sharing. Websites using this specific design are recommended more by search engines than other websites. This is because the use of SEO is also more effective in this case.
The most important advantage of using a responsive design for your web design is it makes everything much simpler. Using many devices when handling a specific website will be easier and the management alone will also be more convenient. And if you are thinking about it better, your website will be more flexible and so will be preferred by most visitors.